Gobble! Gobble! The turkey from the Gifts of the Earth set in the Holiday Mini is quite a realistic image. I found it hard to use at first, but was determined to make him look good enough for this terrific layout from the Sweet Sunday sketch. I tried different ways to color the image but decided that the details show up best with inking up the whole image using the stamp pad. I added the touch of red with a ruby red marker, over the soft suede ink.
A bit more...
- I used the Circle Scissors plus to cut the concentric circles. Tip: I use SNAIL to adhere the card stock firmly to the cutter. It keeps the paper from sliding and the residue on the glass mat cleans off easily afterward with Stampin' Mist spray.
- The sentiment is stamped in Always Artichoke craft ink and embossed.
- Designer paper is from the Autumn Traditions series
- The sentiment is from the level 1 Hostess set called Holiday Best
- I gave a twist to my ribbon loop and button and discovered I liked it horizontally much better! The ribbon is from the Orchard Originals.
The colors are perfect for fall and we are actually having fall weather today! The air conditioning is OFF and the windows are open. Heavenly! I'm sipping my tea, thanks for sharing this time with me!
Fall is also the time for sales! SU! has opened a special shop of substantially reduced retired items called the Clearance Rack! All sales must be online and are final, no returns. These items are only available while supplies last, and will be updated often, so you don't miss out! To see what is available each day and to order from me, Cindy Beach - check my website HERE. Don't forget my special offer on the Black and White Specialty Paper. Until October 15, with any online order of $40 or more, I'll send you a FREE 6" x 6" sample of each of the sheets, right to your mailbox. Just e-mail me with your name, order number and address.