Every once in awhile, I make a card that feels so good when it's finished, as if it's the best I've ever done. Not to boast or anything, but you know we all get that feeling when we've done our best and feel satisfied. That's how I feel as I type this post. I LOVE how this turned out!
Not only that but I truly did accomplish a rare feat for me - getting the challenge made on the day it was given, yaay! Since this was for the Mojo Monday 154 challenge, I couldn't wait to get it posted while it's still Monday! Julee's sketches are amazing.
I started with the punched image from the Bells and Boughs set and knew it would fit perfectly with the Christmas Collage background stamp. I rotated the sketch to make it work. Other details:
- I used my Aqua Painter and ink pads to color the bells
- There's a bit of color added with the brush to the holly and berries of the background collage
- Lots of sponging with Crumb Cake and Always Artichoke ink for an aged look.
- The Very Vanilla panel was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper folder. This echoes the design of the Deck the Halls DSP beautifully.
- I love the way the new Extra Large Scallop and the 2-1/2" circle punches layer!
- Last but not least, the bow! The Cherry Cobbler seam binding is silky soft and drapes beautifully. I tuck in the tails, tabs ( what DO you call those pieces that hang down?) with a tiny glue dot after I position them the way I want them to hang.
- Oh, I almost forgot to point out the Glimmer Brads, what fun to add those to dress it all up with a bit of shimmer.
all supplies by Stampin' Up!