Once upon a time in early summer (well, where DID summer go?).... I made two samples with the Hello Lovely set for display at the Stampin' Up! Convention. The stlyes went in completely different directions showing just how versatile the images in this set can be!
First, the traditional classic card.
What makes this creation a classic style?
- POLISHED ELEGANCE shown by the satiny ruffled ribbon framing the circle and the sparkle of rhinestone jewels.
- CLEAN LINES that are also dramatic. The label punch combined with the circle gives a crisp line to the focal point. The flourish on the sentiment and the butterflies add a dash of drama.
- RICH COLORS The Strawberry Slush is luscious againgst pale Soft Sky.
- LAYERED TEXTURES Who can resist polka dots, ruffles, and multi-layered embellishments?
Let's move on to the fun and cute version!
Can you find the elements in my creation that classify it as fun and cute?
- HAPPY COLORS combine Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and Raspberry Ripple. This fab combo came right from the cheerful Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper.
- UNCOMPLICATED DESIGN showing clean lines and lots of white space!
- SIMPLE SHAPES Circles and MORE circles! Plus an arrow for emphasis.
- FRIENDLY PATTERNS I can't get enough of the adorable patterns in this designer paper. The plaid is my absolute FAVORITE and I can't resist polka dots.
- A hint of WHIMSY. The pierced circles around the sentiment repeat the circle shape in an unexpected way.
Now that you've seen four projects made with this set, ( I posted two HERE) I'd love to hear from you. Can we talk about which project is your favorite? What style do you gravitate towards? What are some other characteristics of the stlyes mentioned?
A tale of two stlyes..... does anyone want to finish the story?
The moral of the story is: Hello Lovely makes it easy to create in whichever style you choose!
Enjoy a fun and creative day! Hugs~
Hello Lovely Woodmount: 130240 $32.95
Clearmount: 130243 $24.95